Monday, January 21, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
The following are some useful links regarding information of our homes Sri Pelangi Condominium.
If you have any other links please feedback to this blog or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Settle your maintenance charges or risk having your assets sealed.
The Building and Common Property (Maintenance and Management) Act 2007, or Act 663 provided for such action under the following sections:
23. Purchaser to pay maintenance charges
(1) The purchaser shall pay the charges for the maintenance and management of the common property.
(2) The apportionment of the charges to be paid by the purchasers shall be determined by the Body in proportion to the allocated share units.
(3) Any written notice served on the purchaser requesting for the payment of the charges shall be supported by a statement of the charges, issued by the developer or Body, as the case may be, stating in detail the categories of expenditure in respect of which the charges are to be paid.
(4) The purchaser shall, within fourteen days of receiving a notice under subsection (3), pay the charges requested for.
(5) If the charges remain unpaid by the purchaser at the expiration of the period of fourteen days specified in subsection (4), the purchaser shall pay interest at the rate to be determined by the Body under paragraph 6(1)(d) but such interest shall not exceed 10 percent per annum.
33. Recovery of arrears of charges
(1) Where the amount of charges payable is in arrears for six months, the Commissioner may, at the request of the developers or Body, issue a warrant of attachment in Form B of the Second Schedule authorizing the attachment of any movable property belonging to the purchaser which may be found in the parcel or elsewhere within the local authority area.
(2) No warrant of attachment shall be issued by the Commissioner unless the Commissioner has served a notice in Form A of the Second Schedule on the purchaser or any one of the purchasers of the parcel, if more than one, requesting him to pay the arrears within fourteen days of the service by posting or delivery.
(3) The warrant shall be executed by an officer from the office of the Commissioner who shall be make an inventory of the property attached and at the same time give notice in Form C of the Second Schedule to the person who at the time of attachment appears to be the person in possession of the property.
(4) Such officer may, in the daytime, effect forcible entry into any parcel or building or any part of the parcel or building for the purpose of effecting the attachment.
(5) Unless the arrears and the collection charges are paid within seven days of the attachment of the property, the property attached shall be sold by public auction.
(6) Where any amount is recovered by the Commissioner under this section, the Commissioner may deduct from such amount collection charges of such amount as may be prescribed by the Minister, with the concurrence of the State Authority.
(7) Any amount received by the Commissioner, after deduction of the collection charges, shall be deposited into the Building Maintenance Fund as soon as practicable.
(8) Any surplus, after the deduction of any amount by the Commissioner under subsection (6), shall be paid to the person who, at the time of the attachment was or appeared to be in possession of the property.
34. Failure or refusal to pay charges
Any person who, without any reasonable excuse, fails or refuses to pay maintenance and management charges commits an offence and shall on conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding five thousand ringgit and shall also be liable to a further fine not exceeding fifty ringgit for every day during which the offence is continued after the conviction.
Please refer to Act663 at http://Groups.Yahoo.com/Group/SriPelangi
A new section 40A of the Strata Titles Act, 1985 (Act 318) provides for penal sanctions against any original proprietor
or any purchaser who fails to execute the transfer of strata titles when the strata titles has been issued.
40A. Transfer of ownership of strata titles
(1)Any original proprietor or any person or body appointed by a court of competent jurisdiction shall execute
the transfer of strata titles to the parcel proprietors within twelve months from the date of issue of strata titles by
the Land Administrator or any extended period approved by the Director upon the opening of the strata register.
(2) Any purchaser shall execute complete documents of transfer of strata titles within twelve months or any
extended period approved by the Director from the date of notice of transfer of strata titles issued by the original
proprietor or from the date of purchase of the parcel, whichever is the later.
(3) Any original proprietor or any person or body appointed by a court of competent jurisdiction or any
purchaser who fails to comply with subsection (1) or (2) shall be guilty of an offence and shall, on conviction,
be liable to a fine of not less than one thousand ringgit and not more than ten thousand ringgit per parcel.
Please refer to Act318 at http://Groups.Yahoo.com/Group/Sripelangi
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Establishment of a Joint Management Body
Section 4 of BCP Act 663 read:
(1) Where a Building or Land intended for subdivision into parcels has been completed:-
(a) before the commencement of this Act and vacant possession of the parcels has been delivered by the developer to purchasers but the management corporation has not come into existence, a Joint Management Body shall be established consisting of the developer and the purchasers upon the convening of the first meeting not later than twelve months from the commencement of this Act; and
(b) on or after the commencement of this Act, a joint Management Body shall be established consisting of the developer and the purchasers upon the convening of the first meeting not later than twelve months from the date of delivery of vacant possession of the parcels to the purchasers.
Duties and Powers of Joint Management Body
Section 8 of BCP Act 663 read:
(1) The duties of the Body include the following:
(a) to properly maintain the common property and keep it in a state of good and serviceable repair;
(b) to determine and impose charges that are necessary for the repair and proper maintenance of the common property;
(c) to insure and keep insured the building to the replacement value of the building against fire and such other risks as may be determined by the Body;
(d) to apply insurance moneys received by the Body in respect of damage to the building for the rebuilding and reinstatement of that building;
(e) to comply with any nitices or orders given or made by the local authority or any competent public authority requiring the abatement of any nuisance on the common property,or ordering repairs or other work to be done in respect of the common property or other improvements to the property;
(f) to prepare and maintain a register of all purchasers of the building;
(g) to ensure that the Building Maintenance Fund is audited and to provide audited financial statements for the information to the purchasers;
(h) to enforce house rules for the proper maintenance and management of the building;and
(i) to do such other things as may be expedient or necessary for the proper maintenance and management of the building.
(2) The powers of the Body shall include the following:
(a) to collect from purchasers maintenance and management charges in proportion to the allocated share units of their respective parcels;
(b) to authorize expenditure for the carrying out of the maintenance and management of the common property;
(c) to recover from any purchasers any sum expended by the Body in respect of that parcel in complying with any such notices or orders as are referred to under paragraph (1)(e);
(d) to purchase,hire or otherwise acquire movable or immovable property for use by the purchasers in connection with their enjoyment of the common property;
(e) to arrange and secure the services of any person or agent to undertake the maintenance and management of the common property of the building;
(f) to make house rules for the proper maintenance and management of the building; and
(g) to do all things reasonably necessary for the performance of its duties under this Act.
(3) The Body shall be deemed:-
(a) for the purpose of effecting any insurance under paragraph (1)(c), to have an insurable interest in the building equal to its replacement value or any value as determined by the Body; and
(b) for the purpose of effecting any insurance under paragraph (1)(d), to have an insurable interest in the subject matter of the insurance.
(4) Where the Body incurs any expenditure or performs any repair,work or act that it is required or authorized by or under this part to do or consequent upon the service on the Body of any notice or order by any local authority or under any other written law, and the expenditure or the repairs, work or act were or was rendered necessary by reason of any willful or negligent act or omission on the part of, or breach of any provision of its by-laws by,any purchasers or his tenant,lessee,licensee or invitee,the amount of that expenditure expended by the Body in performing the repairs, work or act shall be recoverable by the Body from that purchaser.
(5) The generality of this section shall not be prejudiced by any other provision in this part conferring a power or imposing a duty on the Body.
Please refer to Act663 at http://Groups.Yahoo.com/Group/SriPelangi
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Project Name: Sri Pelangi Condominium
Township : Jalan Genting Klang
City : Setapak
State : Kuala Lumpur
Property Type: Condominium
Tenure : Freehold
Built Up : 891-940 sq. ft.
No. of Bedrooms: 2+1
No. of Bathrooms: 2
Status : Completed With CF and Strata Title
Facilities : Swimming Pool, Wading Pool, Tennis Court, Squash Court, Sauna Court, Gymnasium, Children Playground, Barbeque Pit, Laundry, Convenience Store, Community Hall
Company Name: Tiram Jaya Sdn Bhd (54400-P)
Address : Level 12 (East Wing), Berjaya Times Square, No.1 , Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Phone: +603-2142 8028
Fax : +603-2145 2126 / 2143 2028
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.berjayaproperties.com